October 8, 2008

Inspired Birthday Cake...1st official post!

So I made this cake for my boyfriend's birthday and I was inspired by a cake I saw on smitten kitchen. My cake was a peanut butter cake with peanut butter cheesecake filling between the layers and then more peanut butter buttercream and then a dark chocolate ganache topping. This was my first time topping a cake with ganache and I think it came out rather well. This is definitely something I would like to work more on but there will be time for that later.



2 comments:

Chimmpp said...

That cake looks tasty as what... I would kinda like a piece. The food stuffs you are sending up in a few days will have to suffice though.

tuscansunsmama said...

By all accounts, this cake received rave reviews. Visually is was very pleasing with it's glossy top and roughly textured under=frosting. The taste was incredible. The lightness of the the creme filling melding with the spongy cake was peanutbuttery and satisfying.